This was a single platform station with the platform on the south side of the line. There was a footbridge to the east and beyond that a loop with a goods yard siding serving a goods shed, the siding being approached from the north east.
The station was in the east of Gourdon.
Nothing remains of the station, it has been entirely built over with new housing. A large mill, [[Selbie Mill], was to the south of the station. This also has been replaced by new housing. The housing is largely sympathetic to the rest of Gourdon.
Birnie Road Siding
North Water Bridge Halt
Den Cottage Platform
| Inverbervie Shed|
Bervie Water Viaduct
North Water Bridge Viaduct
Carron Water Bridge [West Carmont]
Carron Water Bridge [East Croft of Carmont]
Carron Water Bridge [East Carmont]
Dunnottar Signal Box
Grassic Gibbon Centre
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|01/11/1865||Montrose and Bervie Railway|
Line opened with stations at Broomfield, St Cyrus, Lauriston, Johnshaven, Gourdon, Bervie.
|01/10/1951||Montrose and Bervie Railway|
Inverbervie to Montrose (Broomfield Junction) closed to passengers. North Water Bridge, St Cyrus, Lauriston, Johnshaven, Birnie Road Siding, Gourdon, Inverbervie closed.
The Montrose & Bervie Railway: A Study of Transport in South-East Kincardineshire 1770-1966