Birnie Road Siding (1869-1951)
Opened on the Montrose and Bervie Railway.
This was a halt on the line between Montrose and Inverbervie.
The addition of the word 'Road' to a station is not usually a good sign, it probably means the place named is rather distant. The Birnie farms perhaps got off quite lightly, they are under a mile west of this former halt, although uphill from the halt close to the beach.
The platform was on the west side of the line, just north of a level crossing.
The former railway is now a footpath.
North Water Bridge Halt
Other railway and industry locations
North Water Bridge Viaduct
Montrose North Junction
Montrose Shed [NBR]
Montrose [CR] Timber Yard
Grassic Gibbon Centre
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|