This terminus was located close to the shore to the south east of Inverbervie. It had a single platform, on the west side of a loop, and a goods yard on the east side, approached, like the passenger station, from the south.
There was a carriage siding off the loop, approached by reversing from the platform. A locomotive shed was reached from the goods yard and loop line at the south end of the station, on the east side. The shed was reached by reversing from the turntable.
A signal box opened in 1893. It closed in 1927.
Hallgreen Castle stands to the south of the site, overlooking the station and Bervie Bay where the Bervie Water reaches the sea.
The Kirk Burn carpark is the site of the goods yard, the passenger station site is backed by Hallgreen Road. A railway gatepost still stands by the station site entry, now a footpath.
Birnie Road Siding
North Water Bridge Halt
| Inverbervie Shed|
Bervie Water Viaduct
Dunnottar Signal Box
North Water Bridge Viaduct
Den of Cowie Viaduct
Grassic Gibbon Centre
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|01/11/1865||Montrose and Bervie Railway|
Line opened with stations at Broomfield, St Cyrus, Lauriston, Johnshaven, Gourdon, Bervie.
|/ /1886||Aberdeen Railway|
Agreement allows the North British Railway to use Broomfield Siding and Broomfield Junction on the Montrose [CR] branch, crossed by Montrose to Inverbervie trains following the NBR's take over.
|/ /1926||Montrose and Bervie Railway|
Bervie renamed Inverbervie.
|01/10/1951||Montrose and Bervie Railway|
Inverbervie to Montrose (Broomfield Junction) closed to passengers. North Water Bridge, St Cyrus, Lauriston, Johnshaven, Birnie Road Siding, Gourdon, Inverbervie closed.
|23/05/1966||Montrose and Bervie Railway|
Inverbervie to Montrose (Broomfield Junction) closed to freight.
The Montrose & Bervie Railway: A Study of Transport in South-East Kincardineshire 1770-1966