| Forfar Shed|
Forfar Shed [1st]
Station Linen Works
Canmore Jute Works
Forfar South Junction
Turfbeg Road Bridge
Clocksbriggs Oil Depot
Clocksbriggs Oil Sidings
Bowman's Level Crossing
Loch of Forfar
St Orland's Stone
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|10/01/1955||Dundee and Forfar Direct Railway (Caledonian Railway)|
Forfar [2nd] (Forfar North Junction) to Dundee East (Broughty Junction) closed to passengers.
|08/12/1958||Dundee and Forfar Direct Railway (Caledonian Railway)|
Forfar North Junction (excluded) to Kingsmuir (excluded) closed to goods. The line becomes a long goods branch from Broughty Junction to Kingsmuir.
|04/09/1967||Aberdeen RailwayArbroath and Forfar Railway|
Forfar North Junction (excluded) to Bridge of Dun (excluded) closed to all traffic.
|05/06/1982||Scottish Midland Junction Railway|
Line closed between Stanley Junction (excluded) and the former Forfar North Junction. On the last day two passenger trains "Forfar Farewell" are run. Some days later a freight may have run to recover wagons still on the line.
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Tayside's Railways
Tayside's Last Days of Steam
|The Railways of Strathmore (Perth, Forfar and Brechin)|