This was a two platform station. The main station building, now a house, was on the down (northbound) platform. There was a goods yard to the north, accessed from the east end of the station. The signal box was off the east end of the westbound platform, opposite the goods yard.
The station closed to passengers in 1956. The signal box closed in 1967 when the line closed to passengers and was cut back to Forfar North Junction at its east end.
The railway closed in 1983.
The goods yard survived the closure to passengers and was used as a truck park. The signal box remained standing.
The goods shed and signal box are now gone, the site is occupied by housing. The kink in the road to cross the railway with a bridge at the east end of the station remains.
Stormont Loch Halt
Washington [N and CAR]
Alyth Junction [Branch platform]
| Isla Viaduct|
Meikleour Beech Hedge
Ardler West Level Crossing
Inchtuthil Legionary Fortress
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1907||Scottish Midland Junction Railway|
Authorisation to buy land for station enlargement at Woodside and Burrelton.
|/ /1937||Deeside Railway
Aberdeen Joint (Caledonian Railway)
Denburn Valley Line (Great North of Scotland Railway)
Great North of Scotland Railway|
Local Aberdeen Suburban service withdrawn. Deeside - Millitimber, Murtle, Bieldside, West Cults, Pitfodels Halt, Ruthrieston, Holborn Street closed. Denburn - Schoolhill and Hutcheon Street closed. GNSR main line - Don Street, Woodside, Persley Halt, Bankhead, Stoneywood closed.
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Tayside's Railways
Tayside's Last Days of Steam
|The Railways of Strathmore (Perth, Forfar and Brechin)|