Arrochar and Tarbet (1894-)
Opened on the West Highland Railway.
This is an island platform station, typical of the West Highland Railway. The station building was removed in the late 1990s/early 2000s after several years of being vacant. This was of the Swiss chalet style typical of the line. Access is via a subway and this also gives access to the hillside to the west. The signal box remains and a new waiting shelter in the style of a signal box has been provided. On introduction of the Sprinters the platform was lengthened at the southern end.
There is a goods yard, sometimes used for timber loading and formerly for staging the oil from Oban. This is on the east side of the line and is accessed, by reversal, from the north.
There is a stationmaster's house, typical of the line and a railwayman's cottage on either side of the entryway. Both are now private houses.
Arrochar and Tarbet
Glen Douglas Halt
Glen Falloch Platform
Inveruglas Power Station
Glen Douglas MOD
Loch Sloy Dam
Ben Vorlich North Peak
Finnart Oil Terminal
|07/08/1894||West Highland Railway|
Public opening from Fort William to Craigendoran. Stations opened at Craigendoran Upper, Helensburgh Upper, Row, Garelochhead, Arrochar and Tarbet, Ardlui, Crianlarich, Tyndrum [WHR] , Bridge of Orchy, Gortan (private), Rannoch, Corrour (private), Inverlair, Roy Bridge, Spean Bridge and Fort William [1st].