These locations are along the line.
This was a junction station. To the north the line, opened in 1866, ran to [[Monktonhall Junction (east of Edinburgh) and to the south the line continued through Dalkeith to Hardengreen Junction on the Waverley Route. To the south of the station was the branch to Macmerry (opened as far as Ormiston for goods in 1867). This was continued to Macmerry (goods 1868, passengers ...More details
Also spelt Thorniebank. This siding was located on the Dalkeith Branch (North British Railway), the line between Hardengreen Junction and Smeaton. This was a single track line. There were two loops here on either side of the line with Thorneybank Signal Box (closed 1896) at the west end and a Thorneybank Estate siding at the west end of the loop, north side of the line, approached from ...More details
This was the junction between the re-gauged Edinburgh and Dalkeith Railway and the Peebles Railway. Hardengreen Yard was developed here and the Dalkeith Branch (North British Railway) later also reached this location.