Hardengreen Yard (1880-1960)
Opened on the Edinburgh and Dalkeith Railway.
This yard was developed at Hardengreen Junction. The yard consisted of a number of sidings on either side of the Waverley Route, just south of Hardengreen Junction and a number of sidings on the east side, approached from the south.
There was a shed here for banking locomotives for both Falahill Summit and the Peebles loop.
Eskbank and Dalkeith
Other railway and industry locations
Eskbank Carpet Factory
Esk Valley Junction
Telegraph Pole Works
Newbattle Viaduct [1st]
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
Galashiels to Edinburgh: Including the Lauder and Dalkeith Branches - the Waverley Route (Scml)
Origins of the Scottish Railway System 1722-1844
Waverley: Portrait of a Famous Route