This is a two platform station with original station buildings on both platforms. It is now the oldest station in the Glasgow area.
The building on the southbound platform presents a two storey front to Pollokshaws Road and single storey to the platform.
Although Pollok Park to the west has not been developed, the area to the east of the line was developed as housing.
To the north, the line passes over the White Cart Water via the Pollokshaws Viaduct which separates it from the former Pollokshaws West Goods.
The next station to the north is Crossmyloof and to the south, beyond Busby Junction, Kennishead. On the East Kilbride line the next station is Thornliebank.
The line between Glasgow Central and Barrhead is supported and promoted by the South West Glasgow Community Rail Partnership .
Bellahouston Park Halt
| Pollokshaws Viaduct|
Cartcraigs Goods Depot
Pollokshaws West Goods
Auldhouse Coal Depot
Pollokshaws East Goods
Eastwood Signal box
Maxwell Park Goods
Giffnock Brick Works
Washwall's New Siding
Washwall's Old Siding
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
This is the oldest surviving station building in Glasgow, opened in 1848.
An Illustrated History of Glasgow's Railways