This is the junction between the line from Glasgow Central to Kilmarnock and the branch to East Kilbride.
It was originally the junction between the Glasgow, Barrhead and Neilston Direct Railway (1848) (extended to Kilmarnock in 1871) and the Busby Railway (1866) which (extended to East Kilbride in 1868 and Hamilton in 1883).
Formerly a double track junction, with some short sidings, it is now a single lead junction for the East Kilbride line. The signal box here, the second on this site, closed in 1974 when replaced by Glasgow Central Power Box.
Priesthill and Darnley
Bellahouston Park Halt
| Auldhouse Coal Depot|
Cartcraigs Goods Depot
Eastwood Signal box
Giffnock Brick Works
Washwall's Old Siding
Washwall's New Siding
Pollokshaws West Goods
Thornliebank Dye Print and Bleach Works
Pollokshaws East Goods
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Line opened from Pollokshaws (Busby Junction) to Busby largely in connection with quarrying.
An Illustrated History of Glasgow's Railways