ScotRail Alliance marks 150th anniversary of Busby-East Kilbride line [ScotRail]





Date: 04/09/2018

A plaque has been unveiled at East Kilbride railway station to celebrate the 150th anniversary of the official opening of the Busby to East Kilbride line. The ScotRail Alliance has marked the anniversary by unveiling a plaque at East Kilbride station. The history of the route began in 1863, when the Busby Railway Company began work building a railway that stretched three and a half miles from Pollokshaws West through Giffnock and Clarkston to the thriving textile town of Busby.


External links

ScotRail

Related images

The East Kilbride line reaches its 150th anniversary. There was a plaque-unveiling today at the station by Kiwi Preschool Playgroup with Deputy Provost Colette Stevenson and ScotRail staff member Louise Costello.
Location: East Kilbride
Company: Busby Railway
03/09/2018 John Yellowlees