This is a two platform station. It is a minimal station with two platforms.
The street level booking office at this station was mounted on a bridge capable of taking four tracks below. This was to allow possible quadrupling of the line south from Gorbals Junction. The office was removed in the 1980s and bridge renewed.
There were waiting rooms on the platforms and a footbridge crossed the west end of the station.
The signal box was at the west end of the station, north side of the line.
A minerals yard (coal depot) was added. This was on the south side of the line and approached from the west.
The signal box closed in 1973.
The line between Glasgow Central and Barrhead is supported and promoted by the South West Glasgow Community Rail Partnership .
Shields Road [CGU]
Shields Road [GPJ]
| Maxwell Park Goods|
Muirhouse South Junction
Muirhouse South Junction [1st]
Pollokshaws West Goods
Pollokshaws East Goods
Muirhouse Central Junction
Muirhouse Power Box
Muirhouse North Junction
Glasgow Museum of Transport [1st]
Pollokshields East Junction
Muirhouse Engineering Works
Bellahouston No 1 Junction
Shields Road Depot
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A once prominent landmark
The Scottish Ice Rink was to the north and features in the backdrop of many photographs of the station (it, alas, no longer exists).
|/06/1888||Glasgow, Barrhead and Neilston Direct Railway|
Crossmyloof station opened.
An Illustrated History of Glasgow's Railways