Niddrie [3rd] (1864-1869)
Opened on the Edinburgh and Dalkeith Railway.
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
This was the third station at Niddrie immediately south of Niddrie South Junction, on approximately the same site as Newcraighall station.
This station opened when the second station, Niddrie Junction [2nd] just to the north, closed when a new alignment from Newhailes Junction was opened to serve the Musselburgh branch.
(Niddrie [1st] was just nearby on the line to the west where the original alignment of the Fisherrow branch met the South Esk branch.)
The third station was relatively short lived.
Niddrie Junction [2nd]
Niddrie [1st] (Unlikely 2)
Niddrie [1st] (Unlikely 1)
Other railway and industry locations
Niddrie South Junction
Millerhill Yard Down Departure Sidings
Newcraighall North Junction
Millerhill Yard Up Arrival Sidings
Millerhill Engineers Depot
Millerhill Power Box
Wanton Walls Junction
Newcraighall Turnback Siding
Newcraighall South Junction
Niddrie Exchange Sidings
Millerhill Yard Junction
Niddrie North Junction
Niddrie Landsale Yard
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
Galashiels to Edinburgh: Including the Lauder and Dalkeith Branches - the Waverley Route (Scml)
Origins of the Scottish Railway System 1722-1844
Waverley: Portrait of a Famous Route