Opened on the Borders Railway (Network Rail).
Opened on the Edinburgh and Dalkeith Railway.
This is a single platform station located between Niddrie South Junction and Newcraighall North Junction where the Millerhill Deviation (Network Rail) leaves the alignment of the original Waverley Route.
From 2003 until 2015 this was the southern passenger terminus of a line from Portobello East Junction although freight trains could continue into Millerhill Marshalling Yard (British Railways) and via the Monktonhall Curve to join the East Coast Main Line at Monktonhall Junction.
A turnback siding was opened with the station, to the south of the station close by the site of Millerhill Yard's Down Departure Sidings. This was later re-aligned west in preparation for the re-opening of the line to Galashiels. This re-aligned siding became the first section of the new route.
The line is supported and promoted by the Borders Railway Community Rail Partnership .
Niddrie Junction [2nd]
Niddrie [1st] (Unlikely 2)
Niddrie [1st] (Unlikely 1)
Other railway and industry locations
Millerhill Yard Down Departure Sidings
Niddrie South Junction
Newcraighall North Junction
Millerhill Yard Up Arrival Sidings
Millerhill Engineers Depot
Newcraighall South Junction
Millerhill Yard Junction
Wanton Walls Junction
Millerhill Yard Down Secondary Sorting Sidings
Millerhill Yard Up Hump
Niddrie Exchange Sidings
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|03/06/2002||Edinburgh and Dalkeith Railway|
Portobello Junction to Newcraighall (north of Millerhill) re-opened to passengers with stations at; Brunstane, Newcraighall.
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
Galashiels to Edinburgh: Including the Lauder and Dalkeith Branches - the Waverley Route (Scml)
Origins of the Scottish Railway System 1722-1844
Waverley: Portrait of a Famous Route