This was a coal burning power station which was railway served.
Coal from Dollar Mine was brought to the power station, the trains running round in Alloa Marshalling Yard.
The power station saw little use in the late 1980s and 1990s except a brief use of coal imported via Rothesay Dock in Clydebank. It was demolished in 2001.
There was a large yard here, approached from the east.
Clackmannan and Kennet
| Kincardine Ground Frame|
Longannet West Arrival
Longannet East Arrival
Longannet West Departure
Brucefield Colliery Signal Box
Longannet East Departure
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1959||Bogside Mine|
Opened, to serve the Kincardine Power Station.
|/06/1960||Dollar No 4 and 5|
Opened, to mostly serve the Kincardine Power station.
|/ /1988||Rothesay Dock Branch (North British Railway and Caledonian Railway)|
Single track line reinstated from Yoker Depot to the Rothesay Dock for imported coal trains from here to Kincardine Power Station (Kincardine Line). The former Rothesay dock yard was ripped up and replaced with a loop.
|/04/1997||Kincardine Line (North British Railway)|
Longannet Power Station to Kincardine Power Station re-opened to freight.