This was a two platform station with a loop on a single track line. It was originally a terminus of the Kincardine Branch (North British Railway), opened in 1893. Ferry Pier was to the west. The goods yard was to the north, on the east side of the line and approached from the south. The line continued past the station to terminate with a loop on Shipping Pier.
The second platform, the westbound, was added in 1906 when the line was extended east by the Kincardine Branch (North British Railway). For this the line was slightly re-aligned and Shipping Pier line removed. The existing signal box was replaced.
The station closed in 1930.
The station site is crossed by the Kincardine Bridge at its east end and at the west end is the approach to the yard of the former Kincardine Power Station. The line is now single track through the former station.
A loop and Kincardine Signal Box were installed to the north west in 1960 for Kincardine Power Station, which opened in 1962. 'Kincardine Station' box was a BR Type 16c.
Longannet Power Station was opened to the east in 1970-3. (Prior to this there was a rail served military depot here.)
The line to Alloa [1st] closed in 1981, but the railway remained open to serve Kincardine Power Station's yard. The railway to Alloa re-opened in 2008.
Clackmannan and Kennet
| Kincardine Bridge|
Kincardine Ground Frame
Kincardine Power Station
Longannet West Arrival
Longannet East Arrival
Longannet West Departure
Longannet East Departure
Longannet Power Station
Firth of Forth
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|