This junction is east of Kilmarnock station. A 1904 spur from Kay Park Junction ran south to join the 'Kilmarnock bypass' between Thirdpart Junction and Mayfield Junction meeting that line at Bellfield Junction. A number of works had opened at Bellfield and Riccarton and the connection provided a goods route to these from the north.
The signal box was immediately east of the junction and on the north side of the line.
The junction was originally double but reduced to a single lead junction when the lines through Bellfield were reduced in general about 1938.
The box closed in 1976, replaced by Kilmarnock Power Box.
Oil continued to Riccarton until recent years but has ceased. The future of the branch must be in doubt.
Kilmarnock (St Marnocks)
Riccarton and Craigie
| Kilmarnock Water Viaduct|
Portland Colliery No 4 Pit
Riccarton Corn Mill
Kilmarnock Shed [3rd]
Crookedholm No 4 Pit
Kilmarnock Joint Goods
Hurlford North Signal Box
Portland Iron Works
Wabtec Rail Scotland Works
Portland Iron Company Siding (Outwards)
Burns Monument [Kilmarnock]
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1904||Thirdpart Junction to Mayfield Junction (Glasgow and South Western Railway)|
Kay Park Junction to Bellfield Junction opened.