Opened on the Ballachulish Branch (Callander and Oban Railway).
This former two platform station survives as a house, the platforms being the garden. The station building is almost unaltered from the railway period, with some additions. The platforms survive. It is the most intact station surviving on the former line. A number of railway cottages also remain nearby making this an unusually well preserved location.
Both lines had curved to form the loop, neither the southbound nor the northbound being the faster line. There was a goods yard on the east south/east side approached from the north/east. There was a siding opposite, approached from the northbound platform. The box was at the east end of the southbound platform.
The loop was taken out in 1927 and box closed, the line by the former southbound platform, and next to the main building, being retained.
Goods sidings remains accessible using a ground frame. The line closed in 1966.
The station is south west from Duror itself.
Fort William [1st]
Other railway and industry locations
Lag-na-Ha Quarry Siding
Ardsheal Quarry Siding
Beinn a^Bheithir - Sgorr Dhonuill
Ballachulish St John^s Church
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
Birth and Death of a Highland Railway: Ballachulish Line
Callander & Oban Railway Through Time
Callander and Oban Railway (Library of Railway History)
History of the Railways of the Scottish Highlands: Callander and Oban Railway v. 4
The Birth and Death of a Highland Railway: Ballachulish Line
Trossachs and West Highlands: Exploring the Lost Railways (Local History Series)