Barcaldine Siding (1914-1952)
Barcaldine Halt (1952-1966)
Opened on the Ballachulish Branch (Callander and Oban Railway).
This was a short single platform in timber. There was also a goods siding here, approached from the south and on the east (landward) side of the line.
The halt was located north of today's Barcaldine Primary School. The site of the former line here is in an industrial development, an alginate works.
Falls of Cruachan
Other railway and industry locations
Connel Ferry Bridge
Port Appin Pier
Lismore Point Pier
Falls of Lora
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
Birth and Death of a Highland Railway: Ballachulish Line
Callander & Oban Railway Through Time
Callander and Oban Railway (Library of Railway History)
History of the Railways of the Scottish Highlands: Callander and Oban Railway v. 4
The Birth and Death of a Highland Railway: Ballachulish Line
Trossachs and West Highlands: Exploring the Lost Railways (Local History Series)