This was a two platform station. The station had a large two storey station building, typical of the line, on the southbound platform and a large size signal box, also typical of the line. An example of the main building still stands in largely unmodified form at Duror. The southbound line was the faster line, the northbound curving off at each end to form the loop.
There was a goods yard to the south, on the east side of the line, reached by reversal. A camping coach siding was on the west side at the north end and approached by a reversing spur.
The line closed in 1966. The box survived a little longer for use with demolition trains over the Connel Ferry Bridge.
Not long after closure the buildings, with the exception of the railway cottages, were demolished. The platforms remained intact until the 1980s when the trackbed was infilled.
To the west is the large and sandy Tralee Bay.
Falls of Cruachan
| Connel Ferry Bridge|
Falls of Lora
Port Appin Pier
Lismore Point Pier
St Columba's Cathedral
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|01/07/1909||Callander and Oban Railway|
Charabanc operates over Connel Ferry Bridge; Benderloch and North Connel to Connel Ferry.
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
Birth and Death of a Highland Railway: Ballachulish Line
Callander & Oban Railway Through Time
Callander and Oban Railway (Library of Railway History)
History of the Railways of the Scottish Highlands: Callander and Oban Railway v. 4
The Birth and Death of a Highland Railway: Ballachulish Line
Trossachs and West Highlands: Exploring the Lost Railways (Local History Series)