This was a single platform station west of Ballachulish. The station was around half a mile south of the ferry slip.
The platform was on the north side of the line, the side of the ferry. The concrete platform of this station remains today and the trackbed is now a cyclepath.
The waiting room was an unusual timber building.
Fort William [1st]
Loch Eil Outward Bound
| West Laroch Siding|
Ardsheal Quarry Siding
Ballachulish Slate Quarries
Ballachulish St John's Church
Beinn a'Bheithir - Sgorr Dhonuill
Glencoe Folk Museum
Nether Lochaber Slip
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Ferry and Bridge
The ferry was replaced with the Ballachulish Bridge. Due to its appearance it was known to some as 'the railway bridge', (it has never carried a line).
One of the ferries lives on, the
MV Glenachulish, now operating the Glenelg-Skye Ferry . The deck of this ferry rotates.
|24/08/1903||Ballachulish Branch (Callander and Oban Railway)|
Line opened to passengers and goods. Stations opened at Benderloch, Creagan, Appin, Duror, Kentallen, Ballachulish Ferry, Ballachulish. For the opening Connel Ferry and Oban stations were rebuilt. Two large bridges were required Connel Ferry Bridge and Creagan Viaduct.
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
Birth and Death of a Highland Railway: Ballachulish Line
Callander & Oban Railway Through Time
Callander and Oban Railway (Library of Railway History)
History of the Railways of the Scottish Highlands: Callander and Oban Railway v. 4
The Birth and Death of a Highland Railway: Ballachulish Line
Trossachs and West Highlands: Exploring the Lost Railways (Local History Series)