This was a single platform station. The single storey station building is now a house. Cromdale itself is a little to the south.
There was a goods yard with a goods shed to the south of the station, approached from the east. Cromdale had a signal box from 1907 to 1921 when it was replaced with a ground frame.
The Balmenach Railway ran south from a headshunt laid to the south of the goods yard. This line served the Balmenach Distillery.
To the west, where the line turned to run south, was a gravel pit siding on the east side of the line and approached from the south.
The station closed to passengers in 1965. The line closed between Aviemore and Aberlour in 1968.
The station building became a ruin but has been restored. The platform remains.
There is accommodation at Cromdale Cromdale Station .
Castle Grant Platform
Dalvey Farm Halt
Ballifurth Farm Halt
Boat of Garten
| Castle Grant Estate Bridge|
River Dulnain Viaduct
Spey Viaduct [Broomhill]
Castle Grant [Castle]
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Line opened from Dufftown to Abernethy [Strathspey] via Strathspey Junction. Stations opened at: Strathspey Junction, Aberlour, Carron, Blacksboat, Ballindalloch, Advie [1st], Dalvey [2nd], Cromdale, Grantown-on-Spey East and Abernethy [Strathspey].
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
Forgotten Railways: Scotland
Old Grantown to Aviemore: Upper Strathspey
Speyside Railways: Exploring the Remains of the Great North of Scotland Railways and Its Environs
Strathspey Railway: Guide book