Advie [1st] (1863-1868)
Opened on the Strathspey Railway.
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
The original Advie station was a halt at the north end of the road from Mains of Advie. It was short lived and replaced by Advie [2nd], opened to the west.
Dalvey Farm Halt
Gilbey^s Cottage Halt
Knockando House Halt
Imperial Cottages Halt
Castle Grant Platform
Other railway and industry locations
Bridge of Carron
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
Forgotten Railways: Scotland
Old Grantown to Aviemore: Upper Strathspey
Speyside Railways: Exploring the Remains of the Great North of Scotland Railways and Its Environs
Strathspey Railway: Guide book