Opened on the Strathspey Railway.
This was a two platform station at Cragganmore, Ballindalloch Castle was two miles away by road. Nearer was the Cragganmore distillery. The distillery was intentionally opened here due to the proximity of the railway.
The station had a large goods yard to the east, served by reversing from the westbound platform. This had two goods sheds: a large two storey goods shed opened in connection with the distillery on the north side and a conventional goods shed in the middle of the yard.
A signal box opened in 1892. The box was on the west side of the station building on the westbound platform.
The Great North of Scotland Railway introduced a tourist bus service from here to Tomintoul in 1907.
The station closed to passengers in 1965. The signal box and line closed in 1968.
The main station building, on the westbound platform, and the larger goods shed survive.
At the east end of the station the line turned north to cross Ballindalloch Viaduct over the River Spey.
Gilbey^s Cottage Halt
Knockando House Halt
Imperial Cottages Halt
Dalvey Farm Halt
Castle Grant Platform
Other railway and industry locations
Bridge of Carron
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Line opened from Dufftown to Abernethy [Strathspey] via Speyside Junction. Stations opened at: Strathspey Junction, Aberlour, Carron, Blacksboat, Ballindalloch, Advie [1st], Dalvey [2nd], Cromdale, Grantown-on-Spey East and Abernethy [Strathspey].
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
Forgotten Railways: Scotland
Old Grantown to Aviemore: Upper Strathspey
Speyside Railways: Exploring the Remains of the Great North of Scotland Railways and Its Environs
Strathspey Railway: Guide book