This is a two platform station. Main Street is to the north, crossing over the line at the west end of the station. There were station buildings with glazed canopies, now gone. There was a signal box on the westbound platform until 1931.
Cambuslang Goods was further west.
Mount Vernon North
Busheyhill Signal Box
Clyde Iron Works Slag Plant
Clyde Iron Works Colliery Pit No 4
Coats Park Colliery
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|01/06/1849||Clydesdale Junction Railway|
Line opened between Rutherglen [1st] and Motherwell [1st]. The Caledonian Railway begins running trains from the Glasgow terminus South Side [CR] station. Station opened to goods, passengers and minerals. This station opened on a short branch from the former Polloc and Govan Railway at Gushetfaulds. The terminus was immediately alongside the Glasgow, Barrhead and Neilston Direct Railway terminus. Stations opened at South Side [CR], Rutherglen [1st], Cambuslang, Uddingston [1st].
|/ /1880||Clydesdale Junction Railway|
Power to widen the line between Rutherglen Junction and Cambuslang granted to the Caledonian Railway. An additional line, northbound slow, would be added.