This was a single platform station, the platform on the north side of the line. It gave the appearance of a two platform station as there was a loading bank on the south side, served by a siding from the west which was later looped. The loading bank's southern face and a goods shed were served by sidings from the west end of the station.
The station opened with a signal box at the west side of the station building. This closed in 1896, replaced with a ground frame.
The station closed to passengers in 1960. The line closed in 1968.
The station was on the west edge of Buckpool. In Buckpool itself a lattice footbridge crossed the line which survives today.
Much of the platform and loading bank site has survived. Housing has been built on the east end of the station site. A railway cottage remains.
Nether Buckie lay on the west bank of the Burn of Buckie, Seatown and Newtown on the east bank. Buckpool now applies to the part of the town on the west bank and Buckie to that on the east.
| Buckie Maltings|
Fochabers Town Shed
Cullen Burn Viaduct
Cullen North Deskford Street Bridge
Cullen Castle Street Viaduct
Cullen Seafield Street Viaduct
Tugnet Ice House
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|01/05/1886||Moray Coast Railway (Great North of Scotland Railway)|
Tochieneal to Garmouth opened. Stations opened: Cullen, Portknockie, Findochty, Portessie [GNSR], Buckie [GNSR], Nether Buckie, Portgordon and Fochabers [GNSR].
|/ /1887||Moray Coast Railway (Great North of Scotland Railway)|
Nether Buckie renamed Buckpool.
Banff, Moray and Nairn's Lost Railways
|Moray Coast Railways|
The Travellers Joy: The Story of the Morayshire Railway