Barrhill

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Barrhill (1877-)

Opened on the Girvan and Portpatrick Junction Railway.

Open on the Glasgow to Ayr and Stranraer.


Description

This is a two platform station with a loop which breaks the single track section between Girvan and Pinwherry. The signal box is from Portpatrick, relocated here in 1935 after the original burned down, and tablet instruments are in the station building. The signal box was shortened for use here.


Tags

Station

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67

Facilities

Bike rack
Free parking
Unstaffed