This was a two platform station with a passing loop on the single track line. The two storey station building was on the southbound platform. To the south, on the west side of the line, was the signal box. The goods yard was on the east side, south of the station, accessed from the south end of the southbound line. There was a goods shed at the south end of the yard, at Drumspillan close to the bridge over the Duisk River.
The station building and loop survived closure of the station. The loop broke the section between Girvan and Barrhill. The building became a house. Railway cottages remain to the east.
The box and loop closed in 1992. The southbound line was lifted. Closure probably came about due to the decline and then complete end of freight traffic.
| Pinwherry Viaduct|
Lig Burn Viaduct
Cairnlea No 1 Level Crossing
Cairnlea No 2 Level Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1907||Girvan and Portpatrick Junction Railway|
Pinwherry signal box opened.
|22/07/1928||Girvan and Portpatrick Junction Railway|
Northbound freight train de-rails just north of Pinwherry loop, after passing through the tightly curved station at speed.
|/ /1939||Girvan and Portpatrick Junction Railway|
Due to wartime traffic, Pinmore, Pinwherry, Barrhill and New Luce loops lengthened to 12 carriages. Bryson tablet exchange introduced.
|06/06/1965||Girvan and Portpatrick Junction Railway|
Pinmore, Pinwherry, Glenwhilly and New Luce stations closed.
|/ /1992||Girvan and Portpatrick Junction Railway|
Pinwherry signal box and loop removed.