This was a two platform station. The main building was on the southbound platform. Platforms were slightly staggered, the northbound platform being slightly to the north.
The goods yard was on the east side, south of the station, accessed by reversal from half way along the northbound loop line. The goods line crossed the southbound line. There was a goods shed at the south end of the yard. New Luce itself was about a half mile to the east.
The original signal box, of 1877, was at the south end of the northbound platform, replaced with one to the north of the building on the southbound platform.
The station closed in 1965. The loop closed in 1971 when the signal box closed too.
A new house occupies the site of the goods shed. The station building, which was similar to that at Barrhill.
Challoch Junction Golfers Platform
Transit (London Road [Stranraer])
| Main Water of Luce Viaduct|
Dunragit Creamery Siding
Milton of Larg No 1 Level Crossing
Milton of Larg No 2 Level Crossing
Craig No 2 Level Crossing
Little Gennoch No 1 Level Crossing
Challoch Level Crossing
Little Gennoch No 2 Level Crossing
Marklach No 3 Level Crossing
Marklach No 1 Level Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1939||Girvan and Portpatrick Junction Railway|
Due to wartime traffic, Pinmore, Pinwherry, Barrhill and New Luce loops lengthened to 12 carriages. Bryson tablet exchange introduced.
|06/06/1965||Girvan and Portpatrick Junction Railway|
Pinmore, Pinwherry, Glenwhilly and New Luce stations closed.
|/ /1971||Girvan and Portpatrick Junction Railway|
New Luce station demolished.