This light railway is closed. The line ran from Fountainhall, on the Edinburgh and Hawick Railway (North British Railway) (better known as the Waverley Route) and its terminus at Lauder.
|/ /1899||Lauder Light Railway|
Lauder Light Railway authorised
|/ /1901||Lauder Light Railway|
Opened, new signal box opened at Fountainhall for the new junction on the Edinburgh and Hawick Railway (North British Railway).
|01/01/1923||North British Railway
Edinburgh and Bathgate Railway
Great North of Scotland Railway
Forth and Clyde Junction Railway
Kilsyth and Bonnybridge Railway
Gifford and Garvald Railway
Newburgh and North Fife Railway
Lauder Light Railway
Great Central Railway|
Grouped into London and North Eastern Railway.
|12/09/1932||Lauder Light Railway|
Lauder to Fountainhall Junction closed to passengers
|/ /1939||Lauder Light Railway|
Food depot established by Lauder station
|/08/1948||Lauder Light Railway|
Temporarily closed due to flood damage
|/11/1950||Lauder Light Railway|
Re-opened to serve food-depot by Lauder station
|01/10/1958||Lauder Light Railway|
Lauder to Fountainhall Junction closed to freight, long siding at Fountainhall retained from station to nearby level crossing
|/11/1958||Lauder Light Railway|
Excursion train runs over line
These locations are along the line.
This was a two platform station with a bay platform for the Lauder Light Railway. The main station building was on the northbound platform with a water tank at the south end of the same platform.
This siding served Middletoun Farm (note different spelling). The farm is to the west of the former siding.
This siding served Hartside Farm (to the west) and (more distantly) Kirktonhill Farm (to the north).
This was a small station just to the east of the village of Oxton. The station was minimal, the railway being built with a light railway order.