Wardhouse

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Wardhouse (1854-1961)

Opened on the Great North of Scotland Railway.


Description

This was a two platform station.

A stone station building still stands on the former eastbound platform. There was a signal box on this platform, at the east end, next to a level crossing. There was a small timber building on the westbound platform. There were no goods facilities.

The original platform was the later eastbound platform, the second track and platform added in 1889. A railwayman's cottage to the north dates from the early period.


Tags

Station

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67