Buchanstone

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Buchanstone (1854-1868)

Opened on the Great North of Scotland Railway.


Description

This station was at Mill of Buchanstone, just north west of the Rettie cottages. There was a siding to the south of the line, served from the east, and a small building on the north side of the line.

The station seems to have been obliterated by the doubling of the line. No town or village developed here which probably led to its closure.

11/04/2018

Tags

Station early closure

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map
NLS Map