Kinaldie

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Kinaldie (1854-1964)

Opened on the Great North of Scotland Railway.


Description

This was a two platform station.

The main station building, with crow-stepped gables, was on the Aberdeen bound platform. This was the original platform when the line was single track.

There was a single siding goods yard to the east of the station. The tall signal box was also to the east, south side of the line, tall enough to see over the neighbouring road bridge.

The platforms remain today, out of use.


Tags

Station

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map
NLS Map