Name and dates
Opened on the Stirling and Dunfermline Railway
Opened on the Devon Valley Railway
This station was originally a terminus and later a through station. It was located on the west side of a level crossing over Moss Road to the south of Tillicoultry. It was rebuilt at least three times.
When a terminus, there was a passenger station to the south and goods station to the north.
The passenger station had a loop and a short platform on the north side. By reversal from the loop a shot branch south west to coal pits on the south bank of the River Devon could be reached. This privately owned branch was the Woodland's Coal Pit Siding
. These pits were already served by the Alloa Waggonway
The goods station had a loading bank, shed and turntable.
When extended east over the level crossing by the Devon Valley Railway
there were two single track lines running east, the northern of these was the extension, the southern a branch to Tillicoultry 1,2 Colliery
. The station remained a single platform station with a small exchange yard opposite.
In 1904 a second platform was added with a new North British Railway
style building and the exchange sidings moved south of the new westbound platform. Two single track lines still ran over the level crossing, but there was a connection between them to the east. A new signal box opened on the north side of the line by the crossing (the original box was on the south side).
The station closed to passengers in 1964. The box closed in 1967. The former eastbound line was retained as the line remained open to Dollar Mine
The trackbed is now a footpath. A car park and small amount of parkland now occupies most of the site of the station.
TagsStation terminus footpath
External linksCanmore site record NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914 NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67 NLS Map NLS Map NLS Map