This was a single platform station to the south of Thornylee Farm. The platform was on the north (farm) side of the line with a goods yard to the east on the north side of the line, approached from the west.
The single storey station building was stone. There was a loop on the goods yard siding, rather a long siding. A cottage was built to the north of this siding around 1900.
The station building still stands, in use as a house. Road realignment to the east (the road used to pass under the line) has removed much of the siding site.
The original name was Thornilee but the date of the change is unclear, probably 1872.
Angling Club Cottage
Abbotsford Ferry [1st]
Abbotsford Ferry [2nd]
| Elibank Viaduct|
Bowshank South Bridge
The Whin Bridge
Torwoodlee South Viaduct
Torwoodlee North Viaduct
Bowshank North Bridge
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Kilnknowe Junction to Innerleithen opened. Stations at; Thornilee and Clovenfords.
Thornilee re-named Thornielee.
Forgotten Railways: Scotland