This was a single platform station in the north of the village of Clovenfords. The platform was on the south (village) side of the single line. The single storey station building stood at the west end of the platform. There was a goods shed at the east end, in a small goods yard with two sidings served from a goods loop to the east. A signal box opened in 1899 and closed in 1928.
The main station building still stands, in use as a house on 'Station Yard'. New houses and a small industrial estate occupy the east end of the station and the goods yard.
Clovenfords has grown considerably since the line closed now surrounding the station site.
The line swept round the west end of the town before running south. It crossed two viaducts in quick succession, one over Millbank Road and another over the Caddon Water. Both viaducts are now gone.
There was a ford here on the old road from Galashiels to Peebles. Explanations of the place name vary between being a place where routes divided and the location of a cattle ford.
Tweed Vineyards, a greenhouse based vineyard was located here, to the south of the station, from the 1860s. The site is now housing.
Angling Club Cottage
Abbotsford Ferry [1st]
Abbotsford Ferry [2nd]
Other railway and industry locations
Torwoodlee South Viaduct
Torwoodlee North Viaduct
The Whin Bridge
Bridge No 95
Ladhope Goods Platform
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Kilnknowe Junction to Innerleithen opened. Stations at; Thornilee and Clovenfords.