This was a two platform station with a goods yard approached from the east. The yard had a goods shed. There was a level crossing to the west of the station. The platforms were staggered and there was a tall signal box (1895) on the westbound platform.
The two storey station building, formerly on the eastbound platform, remains standing, in use as a house. It is built from granite. A short part of the eastbound platform remains and also a length of the westbound, in a small industrial estate to the east. Opposite the station building, on the south side of the former line, stands a railway cottage.
The goods yard^s northernmost siding served the Leithen Mills and Waverley Mills directly with a siding, also approached from the east.
Originally the goods yard looped from the platforms to the east end of the station loop, the connection by the platforms being severed later.
To the west was a loading bank on the south side of the line for the Innerleithen Food Depot Siding.
To the east of the station was a small single track viaduct which still stands and a larger server span viaduct Haughhead Viaduct.
Angling Club Cottage
| Waverley Woolen Mills|
Innerleithen Food Depot Siding
Peebles Gasworks [Eshiels]
Robert Smail^s Printing Works
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|10/10/1864||Galashiels, Innerleithen and Peebles Railway (North British Railway)|
Peebles to Innerleithen opened. Stations at; Cardrona and Innerleithen.
|18/06/1866||Galashiels, Innerleithen and Peebles Railway (North British Railway)|
Galashiels [1st] (Kilnknowe Junction) to Innerleithen opened. Stations at; Thornilee and Clovenfords.
Forgotten Railways: Scotland