This was the terminus of the line from Inveramsay. This terminus replaced the earlier one, less well sited to the south, at Macduff (Banff).
The station building remains in use. The platform was an island with two platform faces - that to the east had a loop and was covered by the trainshed. To the east adjoining the trainshed was a goods shed.
The locomotive shed, with two roads, was at the west end, on the south side of the line. This was approached by reversing from the turntable siding.
The signal box was on the north side of the station 'throat'.
The station closed to passengers in 1951. The box remained open until the end. The line closed in 1961 (cut back to Turriff) and track was lifted.
To the west, across the River Deveron, was another terminus, Banff.
The station building was a chandlery for many years. It is now a shop and restaurant The Platform, Macduff .
The locomotive shed also still stands.
Macduff Aquarium is to the east of the former station, close to the harbour.
Golf Club House Halt
| Macduff Shed|
Macduff (Banff) Shed
Portsoy Harbour Junction
Cullen Seafield Street Viaduct
Cullen Castle Street Viaduct
Temple of Venus
Inverboyndie Level Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|01/07/1872||Banff, Macduff and Turriff Extension Railway|
Extension to Macduff opened. Banff and Macduff station closed and demolished, Banff Bridge and Macduff stations opened on extension.
|01/10/1951||Banff, Macduff and Turriff Junction Railway
Banff, Macduff and Turriff Extension Railway|
Macduff to Inveramsay closed to passengers.
|01/08/1961||Banff, Macduff and Turriff Extension Railway|
Macduff to Turriff (excluded) closed completely.