Banff and Macduff (1860-1866)
Macduff (Banff) (1866-1872)
Opened on the Macduff Extension (Great North of Scotland Railway).
Opened on the Banff, Macduff and Turriff Extension Railway.
This was the original terminus of the line from Inveramsay and Turriff.
The terminus was not well suited for Macduff or Banff, being about a mile south of Macduff in a field. It was above and not far from the bridge over to Banff.
There was a goods yard to the south, station platform with loop in the middle and locomotive shed to the north - with a turntable at the end of that line. The sidings were accessible from the east. The turntable pit remains today.
The line was extended north to a more suitable site at Macduff. The extension started from more or less the site of the former station platform and used part of the former station approach road. The old station and sidings were not retained.
The location can still be found, partly landscaped and overgrown.
Golf Club House Halt
Other railway and industry locations
Macduff (Banff) Shed
Portsoy Harbour Junction
Cullen Seafield Street Viaduct
Cullen Castle Street Viaduct
Temple of Venus
Inverboyndie Level Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|