This railway is closed. The line provided a service between Turriff, the terminus of the Banff, Macduff and Turriff Junction Railway, and Macduff.
|04/06/1860||Banff, Macduff and Turriff Extension Railway|
Turriff to Banff and Macduff opened; stations : Turriff, Plaidy, King Edward, Banff and Macduff.
|30/07/1866||Banff, Macduff and Turriff Junction RailwayBanff, Macduff and Turriff Extension RailwayGreat North of Scotland Railway|
Aberdeen and Turriff Railway absorbed by Great North of Scotland Railway.
|01/07/1872||Banff, Macduff and Turriff Extension Railway|
Extension to Macduff opened. Banff and Macduff station closed and demolished, Banff Bridge and Macduff stations opened on extension.
|01/10/1951||Banff, Macduff and Turriff Junction Railway
Banff, Macduff and Turriff Extension Railway|
Macduff to Inveramsay closed to passengers.
|01/08/1961||Banff, Macduff and Turriff Extension Railway|
Macduff to Turriff (excluded) closed completely.
These locations are along the line.
This was a two platform station to the south of Turriff, across the Bridge of Turriff over the Burn of Turriff from the town. The station was a terminus from 1857 to 1860. Following this, it was the largest intermediate station between Macduff and Inveramsay.
This was a single platform station with the platform on the west side of the line. The goods yard was at the south end, west side of the line, and approached from the south.
This was a two platform station with a passing loop. The main station building was on the northbound platform.