This was a two platform station with a passing loop. The main station building was on the northbound platform.
The northbound platform was the original, when opened this was a one platform station.
There was a goods yard at the south end, on the west side of the line, approached from the south.
A signal box opened in 1895. This was at the south end on the west side of the line and at the south end of the northbound platform.
The box closed in 1936 and was replaced with a ground frame.
The station, and line, closed to passengers in 1951. It remained open until 1961 when it was cut back from Macduff to Turriff (to the south).
The station building, in timber, survives. A number of railway cottages also survive.
Golf Club House Halt
| Macduff (Banff) Shed|
Portsoy Harbour Junction
Temple of Venus
Inverboyndie Level Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|04/06/1860||Banff, Macduff and Turriff Extension Railway|
Turriff to Banff and Macduff opened; stations : Turriff, Plaidy, King Edward, Banff and Macduff.