This railway is closed. The line provided a service between Inveramsay on the Great North of Scotland Railway to Turriff. The Banff, Macduff and Turriff Extension Railway extended the line to Macduff.
The line was also known as the Aberdeen and Turriff Railway.
|15/06/1855||Banff, Macduff and Turriff Junction Railway|
Act receives Royal assent.
|05/09/1857||Banff, Macduff and Turriff Junction Railway|
Line opened from Inveramsay to Turriff and Inveramsay station rebuilt; stations at Wartle, Rothienorman, Fyvie, Auchterless and Turriff.
|/04/1859||Banff, Macduff and Turriff Junction Railway|
Renamed the Aberdeen and Turriff Railway.
|30/07/1866||Banff, Macduff and Turriff Junction RailwayBanff, Macduff and Turriff Extension RailwayGreat North of Scotland Railway|
Aberdeen and Turriff Railway absorbed by Great North of Scotland Railway.
|01/10/1951||Banff, Macduff and Turriff Junction Railway
Banff, Macduff and Turriff Extension Railway|
Macduff to Inveramsay closed to passengers.
These locations are along the line.
This was the junction station for the Banff, Macduff and Turriff Junction Railway. It opened with the branch. Although it also served the local area, with a low population and largely farmland, its chief purpose was as an interchange station. The station opened with the opening of the branch and closed with its closing to passengers.
This was a single platform station with the platform on the north east side of the single track. The line ran in a south east to north west alignment. There was a goods yard to the south west of the passenger station, approached from the south east.
This was a two platform station with a loop. There was a level crossing to the north of the platforms with the goods yard on the north side. The sidings and goods shed were served from the south, coming off at the north end of the northbound line. A signal box was located on the east side, south of the level crossing.
This was a two platform station with a passing loop. Little, apart from platform edging, remain. The southbound platform was the original, before the loop was installed. The station building was typical of the line between Inveramsay and Turriff.
This was a two platform station some way north east of Auchterless. The main station building was on the northbound platform, which was the side of the approach road. The station reduced to one platform (the former northbound) before closure and the loop was taken out.
This was a two platform station to the south of Turriff, across the Bridge of Turriff over the Burn of Turriff from the town. The station was a terminus from 1857 to 1860. Following this, it was the largest intermediate station between Macduff and Inveramsay.