Opened on the Banff, Macduff and Turriff Junction Railway.
This was a two platform station some way north east of Auchterless. The main station building was on the northbound platform, which was the side of the approach road. The station reduced to one platform (the former northbound) before closure and the loop was taken out.
To the south, on the west side of the line, was the goods yard, approached from the south.
The station had a passing loop from early days, the platforms were extended along the loop. There were two boxes, the north surviving as a gate box until complete closure of the line in 1966, the south closing in 1933. Passenger traffic had ceased in 1951, except for specials.
The station building, characteristic of the line, survives in modified form. It is now a house. The platforms and goods yard have been landscaped. Railway cottages also remain.
Other railway and industry locations
Macduff (Banff) Shed
Loanhead Stone Circle
Picardy Symbol Stone
Temple of Venus
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|