This was a two platform station with a passing loop. Little, apart from platform edging, remain. The southbound platform was the original, before the loop was installed. The station building was typical of the line between Inveramsay and Turriff.
A goods yard existed on the east side, approached from the south.
A signal box opened in 1895. This was on the west side of the loop in line with the south end of the platform.
The box closed in 1936 and a ground frame installed. The station closed to passengers in 1951, with the rest of the line. The line remained open until 1966. In a curious each of history the line had been cut back to Turriff in 1961 - the line had opened there in 1857 and was extended north in 1860.
Little remains of the passenger station. A modern goods shed still exists.
Of greatest interest is the stone building at the entry to the former goods yard. A similar building, in modified form, exists in the former goods yard at Oldmeldrum.
Fyvie Castle is about a third of a mile to the east of the former station.
| Lethenty Mill|
Port Elphinstone Goods
Loanhead Stone Circle
Picardy Symbol Stone
Hill of Dunnideer
East Aquhorthies Stone Circle
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|05/09/1857||Banff, Macduff and Turriff Junction Railway|
Line opened from Inveramsay to Turriff and Inveramsay station rebuilt; stations at Wartle, Rothienorman, Fyvie, Auchterless and Turriff.