This was a two platform station with a loop. There was a level crossing to the north of the platforms with the goods yard on the north side. The sidings and goods shed were served from the south, coming off at the north end of the northbound line. A signal box was located on the east side, south of the level crossing.
There was a small station building, typical of the line, on the northbound platform.
The northbound line was the original, the loop being added later. A signal box opened in 1894. This was at the north end of the southbound platform and on the south side of the level crossing.
The station and line closed to passengers in 1951. The box became just a gate box in 1961 and closed in 1962. The line closed altogether in 1966.
The goods yard is now housing and the northern part of the platforms is a car park, the southern portion being undeveloped.
| Lethenty Mill|
Port Elphinstone Goods
Wardhouse Drive Bridge
Loanhead Stone Circle
Picardy Symbol Stone
Hill of Dunnideer
East Aquhorthies Stone Circle
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|05/09/1857||Banff, Macduff and Turriff Junction Railway|
Line opened from Inveramsay to Turriff and Inveramsay station rebuilt; stations at Wartle, Rothienorman, Fyvie, Auchterless and Turriff.