Opened on the Inverury and Old Meldrum Junction Railway.
This was a single platform station with a loop. There was a GNSR style timber station building.
To the south was a goods yard and at the west end of the platform loop was a locomotive shed, on the north side of the line. A signal box opened in 1895, located at the west end of the platform.
The station was a short way outside Oldmeldrum itself when built, but the town extended west towards it.
The signal box was replaced with a ground frame in 1927. The station closed to passengers in 1931.
The line closed altogether in 1966.
The station remained surprisingly intact after closure. The timber station building, with portions replaced as necessary, as been restored during its move to Milton of Crathes. Goods offices and a goods shed remain standing at the original site.
Other railway and industry locations
Port Elphinstone Goods
Port Elphinstone Mills
Inverurie Paper Mill
Kintore Sand Pit Siding
Loanhead Stone Circle
East Aquhorthies Stone Circle
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|