Hurlford Shed

Location type

Loco shed

Name and dates

Hurlford Shed

Description

This shed was located in the 'V' of the junction between the Glasgow, Paisley, Kilmarnock and Ayr Railway and the Newmilns Branch. It replaced the older shed at Kilmarnock. Alongside were the Hurlford Mineral Sidings.

Barleith station, a halt, was developed to serve the site.

British Railways assigned the code 67B, with sub sheds at Beith Shed and Muirkirk Shed.

After closure the site became rail served bonded warehousing. After many years without use, the tracks have been lifted.

Tags

Shed

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map
NLS Map
NLS Map
NLS Map




Dates

  /  /1966Glasgow, Paisley Kilmarnock and Ayr Railway
Hurlford Shed (67B) closed.