Hurlford

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Hurlford (1848-1965)

Opened on the Glasgow, Paisley, Kilmarnock and Ayr Railway.


Description

This station is closed.

Initially this was a three through platform station - two main line platforms (two tracks between) and the up platform was an island, the outside face of which was for the Galston Branch.

After rebuilding the station had two mainline platforms, three tracks between (similar to Dumfries), and a south facing bay on the up (southbound) side. There was a small goods yard on the west side, approached from the north and larger yard on the east side.

Nothing remains of the station but a station cottage on the west side beside the former west side goods yard. On the east side a house, possibly the original station house heavily modified, stands. Housing now occupies the goods yards on either side.


Tags

Station