Location type


Name and dates

Crawford (1891-1965)

Opened on the Caledonian Railway.

Opened on the Camps Reservoir Railway.


This was a two platform station. The main station building was on the northbound platform with a waiting room on the southbound. There was a footbridge at the north west end of the station, part of a footpath from Crawford which continued over a footbridge over the River Clyde and on to Midlock, to the north. There was no goods yard, but the station had a small timber signal box at the south end of the southbound platform, opened in 1887. The station opened in 1891, quite some time after the line opened in 1848.

A small goods yard was added at the south end, on the west side approached by reversal. The box was replaced in 1897.

From the goods yard the Camps Reservoir Railway ran north east during the construction of the Camps Reservoir, largely by German prisoners of war in the Great War. The line was lifted in the 1930s. The trackbed is now a footpath.

The station closed in 1965 and the signal box closed.

Little remains of the station. The site of the goods yard is undeveloped and a footbridge still crosses the north west end of the station.

A Caledonian Avenue remains.