This is a single platform station in the south of the village of Conon Bridge. It has a short platform and a small car park.
Conon was originally a single platform station opened in 1862. The platform was on the east side. The goods yard was to the north, approached from the south, and the signal box, of 1877, was at the north end of the platform.
A loop opened in 1911. A northbound platform was added and the signal box was replaced.
The station closed to passengers in 1960. The loop and signal box were closed in 1961 and a ground frame fitted.
The station re-opened in 2013 with the new name Conon Bridge.
Just to the north the line crosses a skew arch viaduct over the River Conon, Conon Bridge Viaduct.
Muir of Ord
| Conon Bridge Viaduct|
Dingwall Scottish Oil Siding
Dingwall Crossing Panel Box
Fodderty Junction Yard
Muir of Ord Shed
Sir Hector MacDonald Monument
Dingwall No 2 LC
Dingwall Middle LC
Dingwall No 1 LC
Glen Ord Distillery
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Highland Railway (Railway History)
Highland Railway (The David & Charles series)
Highland Railway Album
Highland Railway: People and Places - From the Inverness and Nairn Railway to Scotrail
History of the Railways of the Scottish Highlands: Highland Railway